I hope you are having an AWESOME week as am I! :-) As I mentioned in my last post, last weekend, I purchased a Huetiful Steamer at the Baltimore Natural Hair Expo. Yes! Online, the steamer+facial attachment goes for $124.90 (free shipping), however, I was able to purchase mine for $109.90 at the expo. I was SO excited.
So, I bought the steamer on Sunday, I received it on Wednesday. Pretty nice considering this was regular mail. The steamer was very well packaged with lots of styrofoam and plastic cushion. The GREAT thing about it was:
1) It has only 3 assembly parts - the rest is already done!
2) It took me maybe......1 min to put it together.
3) It's fully automated - once I put the water in and turn it on, it turns off on its own after about 20-30 minutes.
4) It was a BREEZE to clean.
The only things I would complain about is:
1) I had worn wash and go's for about 3 months straight. (Yea Yea what I said about protective styles - I'm going to do better!!!) Although I would co-wash my hair every other night (or sometimes every night), I only clarified my hair about once a month.
2) When I would wash, I would lightly detangle my hair while conditioner was in it. That's about it.
My regimen for the steam treatment is as follows:
1) Shampoo - Aubrey Organics Green Tea Shampoo
2) Condition - V05 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie, small amount of YTC Mud Mask Conditioner
3) Did not detangle (that's what the steamer is supposed to help with right?)
5) I turned on the steamer and the water began boiling after about 4-5 minutes.
6) I positioned myself under the steamer (seating was not an issue for me as I had an optimum location for the setup (I sat the steamer on top of the styrofoam pad on top of my coffee table and sat in a folding chair in front of the t.v.)
Causes? I'm not quite sure, really, but I'm 85% sure that it had nothing to do with the steamer. I believe that the culprit was my DC mixture. I'm not sure yet, but I'm not absolutely sure that my hair likes oil. Not just any oil, either, but specifically, olive oil. I've heard people rave about using it in DC mixtures, however, I've tried those, and I felt as if it did absolutely nothing for my hair, especially for softness. This includes honey as well, however, I don't know which one yet because I've always used them in combination (olive oil+honey). However, this time, I did not include honey and got wet straw instead of my hair :-( lol.
|Front Two-Strand Twist Bang - Flat Twists on Each Side|
|Medium-Sized Two-Strand Twists in the Back|
|Back While Wet - Had to add some HANG!|
Next time, I plan on using ONLY conditioner+CTDG for my DC mixture and see how that comes out. I want to try some coconut milk or coconut oil, but I don't want to add more fuel to the fire before I find out what works well and what doesn't. Next time. Next time. LOL!
Anyway, that's it for now. Also, here's some fun photos from some previous styles I've tried: