Monday, April 18, 2011

New Products to Review!!!!! - Simply Natural Organicals/Kinky Pride

Hey Yall!

I had forgotten to tell you guys about the hair products that I purchased at the Baltimore Natural Hair Expo that was held on 26th and 27th of March. I had such a great time with my line sister, Kim, who is also newly natural (OOOO-OOP to my DST Divas!!!!!) .

I knew, going in, that I already had SO many products to do reviews for, that I made a vow not to buy TOO much for the hair. Instead, I spent the majority of my money on 1) a Huetiful Hair steamer (read about my first experience with it here) 2) a variety of body butters - I wanted something all-natural, nothing too greasy, however, unfortunately, the majority of them were :-( . I DID however, purchase this set:

IMG 0962 1

The lady who sold it to me (and also my LS), was REALLY sweet. She went through the trouble of actually experimenting on my hair to show me how the products actually work - they are supposed to work together.

The first product is Simply Natural Organicals (SNO) Herbal Hair & Scalp Therapy. It's basically an all-natural grease.

Ingredients: (respectively)
Castor Oil, Olive Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint Oil, Lavender Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Sesame See Oil, Shea Butter Oil, Soybean Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Menthol, Rosemary Oil, Tamanu Oil, & Fragrance.

I was a bit paranoid about the menthol, so I looked it up on Cosmeticsinfo.org and also Ehow.com/Style and it basically says that it is usually used for its soothing effect (like cough drops) and also for scalp stimulation. Fine by me! Otherwise, this product is just a bunch of different oils blended in a jar. I LOVE IT!!! lol - I used this on my scalp when I made the twists seen here:



My scalp felt moisturized, and so did my twists. It certainly helped to reapply when my scalp began to itch.

I also purchased these two items:
1) Kinky Pride Shea-Loe Butter
2) Kinky Pride Lock & Twist Gel

They were sold by the same lady, however, I have not used these as of yet. I plan on washing my hair tomorrow, so I will update with a post soonafter.

Have you purchased any products as of late? Please let me know - I'm an inner PJ!!! Hope you all are having a GREAT week!

Happy Growing!

***DISCLAIMER: I purchased this product with my own money. I was in no way compensated or contacted by Simply Natural Organicals (S.N.O.) -or- Kinky Pride to provide this review. All comments are of my own jonest opinion and are based on MY hair and its reaction to the products.

1 comment:

  1. I tried the same products and i bought them just a few days ago too. I am a college student at East Carolina University and the cost of these products are pretty fair if you buy them at any expo. The cooling "tingling" feeling of the Herbal Hair and Scalp Therapy Product feels wonderful and really stimulates hair growth. I have also purchased the Ginger Shampoo and it really cleans the hair. My hair had so much build up of shea butter, and i used to use apple cider vinegar to get rid of some crud, but this shampoo really did it all and I didn't have to use my ACV rinse. Overall, I can say that i am ECSTATIC to have purchased these products. The best part of these products, you dont have to use alot of product whatsoever to get the results you desire. Using less product = more money in my pocket (and I need my money). Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...