Friday, April 1, 2011

*YAY* (I'm Pretty Sure) I'm Backkkkkkkk!!!!

Hello Everyone!!!!!!!!!
   I hope everyone has been doing AWESOME both in hair health and overall well-being! I am doing BLESSED! That hair-break was MUCH needed. Like I said in my previous post, I had just gotten overwhelmed. I have NEVER been focused on my hair as much in the past 10 months compared to my ENTIRE LIFE!!!!! lol I was trying so many different things, doing so much with my hair, twisting, braiding, conditioning, figuring things out, I was just like.....WHOOSH! Anywhoo, I hadn't completely given up on my hair, I still co-washed it, leave-in+shea butter because that's whats worked in the past, so I just did that over...and over....and over again. Wore a wash-n-go for like....ever. lol ANYWHOO, I AM BACK!!!!! I am ready to draw myself back in and be focused.

SO! The first news that I have is......this past weekend, I attended the Baltimore Natural Haircare Expo in Baltimore, MD (duh). I went with one of my line sisters who is now 100% natural! :) We were both done up in our hairdo's. Here is a sample:

My hairstyle was kind of like a frohawk puff, with two-strand twists on each side. It was my FIRST time 'correctly' flat twisting (I learned from several YouTube videos), but they could get better, and I'm going to continue practicing. I'll show you up-close pictures in a moment, but you'll be able to see that as I get closer to the end of the flat twist, it gets bigger and bigger. lol I think that as I begin to get closer to the end, I grab more and more hair (too much) and it ends up being a bit clumped, however, I'll be practicing this weekend. Here's the upclose pictures of my practices with flat twists:


Ok, so I wanted to add more pictures, but the button stopped working for some reason. ANYWHOO, on to my more excited news:
*I BOUGHT A HUETIFUL  HAIR STEAMER*

Yes! When I went to the Hair Expo, there was a Huetiful booth there, and the steamer was on sale for $109 + free shipping!!!! The product usually sales for $125, however, here they had it for sale!!! I immediately bought one. I am SOOOOOO excited to use it! It came in the mail 2 days ago, however, I haven't been able to catch it, but hopefully, I'll catch it today. I've watched MANY Youtubers, their reviews, and methods of use so that I would be able to come up with my own recipe for a deep conditioner. Here's what I've come up with so far:

1/4 Cup Honey, 1/2 Conditioner, 1/2 olive Oil (That's pretty much it.....lol) I'm going to start with few products. That'll make troubleshooting and improving easier, if I choose to change it at all. I'll have to make another post showing my progress since my BC last July. It's grown SO MUCH! I'm amazed, especially since I didn't do any protective styles for at least 3 months. lol I'm so ashamed about that.

I'm glad I'm back, I'm in it, and I'm encouraged and motivated. I didn't buy a whole lot of products at the expo, only because I already have TONS of stuff that I need to review ALREADY. I have products from Oyin, Qhemet, Kinky Curly, Kinky Coily, blah blah blahhhhhh. lol I'm going to make a post of all the products I have to review...you'll be surprised. lol

How are you? How is your hair? How have you been styling it? Let me know!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY GROWING!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...