Monday, October 31, 2011

30-Day Blogging Challenge!

Hey Lovelies,
    I was trying to figure out a way to strike up my blog and get people interested in what I'm all about here at I'm a Natural Black Girl. Then something came to me: "How can they know what this blog is all about, if they don't even know anything about....YOU?" Kind of silly, huh?

Soon after I had begun this blog (January 2011), I kind of got overwhelmed with the whole "natural hair" thing (I had only been natural for about 5/6 months) as well as trying to blog everyday. "I just needed a break", I told myself. So I did just that. I twisted up my hair for about 5 months (wash, conditioner, dc, detangle, twist, repeat) and just relaxed. Or so that was my plan. Instead of leaving natural hair all alone alltogether (now, cmon - that's kind of impossible as I'm obsessed!), I decided to gain more insight about what I wanted my blog to be about. I began to read OTHER natural hair/beauty blogs. I became even more obsessed. My Google Reader contains over 100 natural hair blogs - including Curly Nikki, BGLH, Naptural85, Afrobella, Glamazini, Kinky Curly Coily Me, College Curlies, and the list goes on. I read....read...and read some more. I LOVE them. They gave me SO much inspiration to blog because I got SO much enjoyment out of reading them, and I would like for other to feel that way when they read mine. But, I want my blog to be different in some sort of way. I have to find my niche, persay. It will DEFINITELY be natural hair-focused, but I need something....unique.

But, anywhoo, before I divulge what that "uniqueness" will be, I want my readers to, first, get to know the creator of this blog. Who she is, what she's all about, and what she can offer to you, as readers. So with that being said, I'm going to begin a series: "30 Days of Me" Blogging Challenge. This entails of me publishing one post at least ONCE a day for the next 30 days. These posts will be focused on allowing you to get to know me. I will be starting this challenge starting tomorrow, November 1, 2011 (I don't like starting on random days - just to start you off with something about me LOL!).

I'm looking forward to you learning more about me - and, likewise, me learning more about you through your comments and readership. Thanks so much for your support, thus far, and here's to the future with I'm a Natural Black Girl!

Later Lovelies,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...