Thursday, October 27, 2011

Product Review - Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream

Hello Lovelies!

I decided against the 'Product Review' page. I will just file all of my product reviews under the 'product review' label. Same thing right? Those tabs will probably be used for contact information, blogrolls, advertising, etc.

On to the product review!!!! :-D (NOTE: Some of these are updated, some were just pasted from the product review page, so if you've read them before, don't be surprised!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN CONDITIONING REPAIR CREAM


Price: $5.39/16oz Tub (Are you kidding me?????) via Amazon.com

What Cantu Shea Butter® says about this product...
Cantu® shea butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream is made with real shea butter and essential oils to replace vital oil in your hair leaving it stronger and healthier with a natural shine.

Cantu® shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream can be used on wet hair as an intensive moisturizing treatment or to tame frizz and fly-aways.

Cantu® Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream helps…
  • moisturize dry brittle hair with deep penetrating oil and emollients
  • soften, detangle and add shine to hair
  • protect hair against heat and sun styling damage
  • provide extra protection from split ends and breakage
Ingredients:
Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1 PEG 9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IANBG Review:
I. love. this. product. The smell is almost fruity, but not so much. I'll provide a more accurate smell when I have it in front of me. I began using this back when I was transitioning by way of my natural friend, Brittney. She was critical in my decision to transition to natural as she was the first natural that I was ever close with. I started out using this product to help set my braidouts. I would (I think - can't really remember) use this along with shea butter to seal my braids. My braidouts would be so soft!!!! Hold is another thing.....since I was still transitioning, my relaxed hair would not hold the style well.

Since I had good results with transitioning hair, once I BC'd, I attempted to use it on my TWA. Well...well...WELL! Talk about a match made in heaven. I'd rinse my hair in the shower, co-wash with V05 Moisture Milks - Passion Fruit Smoothie, apply a healthy portion of this to hair and top it all off with shea butter. *swoon* My hair would stay soft the entire day. Of course, when I had a TWA, I co-washed daily and did not have to worry about 2 and 3-day hair.

Nowadays, this stuff still does the trick in terms of moisture. I normally use it in the winter-time as a leave-in under my sealant and styling cream. During the colder months, I need a thicker, creamier leave-in whereas in the summer months, it is too thick and I need a leave-in more along the lines of a spritz, or even water. For styles that need a hold, I would recommend using a styling cream/paste along with it, as this product is meant to infuse moisture, not provide hold.

I've heard of some lovelies saying that this product does not work well with other products. This is not the case with me, as I have used plenty of oils and products in combination with this product. HOWEVER, I do NOT mix this product with any type of gel. That has caused some spotting in some sections and inconsistent blending in.

IANBG Rating:
Moisture: ***** (5 stars - EXCELLENT!)
Hold: ** (2 Stars - My hair laughs!)
Compatibility: **** (4 Stars - Do NOT use with gels)
Smell: **** (4 Stars - I like sweet smells!)
Overall: **** (4 Stars)

Have any of you tried this product? What was your take on it?

***DISCLAIMER: I purchased this product with my own money. I was in no way compensated or contacted by Cantu Shea Soft to provide this review. All comments are of my own jonest opinion and are based on MY hair and its reaction to the products.

1 comment:

  1. Good day very cool website!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds additionallyกKI'm glad to seek out numerous useful info here in the publish, we want develop more techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3 Hybrid

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...