Saturday, November 12, 2011

30 Day Blogging Challenge! - Day 11

For Day 1, click here.
For Day 2, click here.
For Day 3, click here.
For Day 4, click here.
For Day 5, click here.
For Day 6, click here.
For Day 7, click here.
For Day 8, click here.
For Day 9, click here.
For Day 10, click here.

Day 11 Assignment: Share another picture of you and your friends.

(Thank God. Because my stomach does NOT feel very well right now.) I'm getting this one in RIGHT on time UPDATE: Ok, so maybe not. I've been swamped all day with family and sorority. So here it is! Enjoy!

These are some of my linesisters. I have been a proud member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. since March 29, 2008. I must say that becoming a member of a sorority (and not just a Sorority....THE Sorority....-_-) has been one of these most fulfilling things to me in my life. Just the feeling of the seeing someone....a woman.....and knowing that even though you guys share NOTHING else in life but the link of a sisterhood over almost 100 years old, means more than one could know...unless of course, they are one of the two women.

source
I have not only bonded with the 27 other ladies with whom I went through the process of becoming a Delta, but have also formed an unbreakable link. They will forever have a special place in my heart, no matter how far we are apart, or how long we go without speaking to one another.

It's also amazing how many people you meet and, ultimately, form long-lasting relationships with, linked, initially, only by the deeper meaning of what you two share....a sisterhood. When I moved from AL to VA upon graduating from my masters program, I moved to an entirely new area. I was working at a new job, and I knew no one. I met a few ladies, who were, conveniently, African-American (it made things easier and more comfortable for the first few months) and we began to share things about ourselves. Somewhere in the middle of our conversation, I mentioned that I was a member of DST. "Oh, really?! We know of someone who is a member of that sorority, as well!". Eventually, I got her information and we scheduled to meet. This lady, I had come to find out, was much older than I (late 40s), so I was quite nervous about how well we would hit it off. Let me tell you, why oh why, was I worried?

When I saw her walking up the concrete to the building in which I worked, so that we could finally meet, all of my fears and nerves melted away and I recognized something....this was my Soror, and I could feel it in the way that she moved, in the way that she smiled, and finally, in the way that we greeted each other: "Hey Sawrahhhh!!!!( It's so nice to finally meet you!!) *all smiles*, "Let's siddown and talk"........and that was that. Probably half of the people that I know as of now (and this meeting was 2 years ago), I was introduced to by this older lady. She has become one of my closest friends and we have come to find out and that we are more alike than we ever thought we would be.

She has introduced me to SO many blessings in my life....my church family, many of my work friends, many "high-up" friends, my car, my sorority alumnae chapter.......geez.

SO many blessings through one link. My Sorority.

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...