Saturday, November 12, 2011

30 Day Blogging Challenge! - Day 12

For Day 1, click here.
For Day 2, click here.
For Day 3, click here.
For Day 4, click here.
For Day 5, click here.
For Day 6, click here.
For Day 7, click here.
For Day 8, click here.
For Day 9, click here.
For Day 10, click here.
For Day 11, click here.

Day 12 Assignment: Share how you found out about blogger and why you have one.

Whew. Hopefully I can make this a 10 minute post because I'm supposed to be out the door soon going to D.C. for a friend's birthday celebration. O.K. - GO!

I first found out about blogger through Nappturality.com (I think...but that's what I'm going with!). When I began to transition back in February 2009, I began to look for sources for support, tips, hair advice, etc. The first website that I happened to come across was Nappturality. I can't remember if someone suggested it, or if I just happened to come across it through a Google Search. Anywhoo, through my journey on Nappturality, there were several threads that discussed suggestions of whose "blogs" to follow that might help with natural hair advice, style tutorials, product reviews, etc. One day, I just decided to "check them out". Well, I scanned a few and that was it. I went back to Nappturality, and got my posts and conversations on and never really thought much else about it.

Fast forward to BC day (July 21, 2010). I cut all of my hair off. During the first few weeks, I wasn't sure what exactly to do with it. So, I began to search. And I came across....blog. after. blog. Curly Nikki, Naptural 85 (and her YTube), Glamazini, BGLH, Ms-GG, and so on. By the end of the year, I was following over 50 blogs....AND: I made a new year's resolution of starting my own.

Initially, I wanted my blog to be a "natural hair bible". I wanted to combine JC's Natural Haven with Curly Nikki with BGLH with Ytube videos, twitters, etc. I wanted my blog to be THE ONE to go to when in need of natural hair information. Well....I think when the new year hit, I went on an adrenaline rush. I was researching, researching, researching. Bloggin, bloggin, bloggin (not really, but that's how I felt). And eventually, I lost interest. Not only because it just felt like I was doing alot, but also because I didn't know anything about natural. Nothing. I was 6 months into my journey and didn't know how to effectively style my own hair, let alone give out information to someone else.

So. I took a break. During this break, I began to read other's blogs. I began to observe what I liked and what I didn't like. What did I want MY blog to be about? I pulled inspiration from others and combined it with the passion that I have for MY hair and the desire to maintain it effectively. Never one in my life while I was relaxed did I care 2 cents about my hair, and I never got any positive results. Tons of breakage, dirt, cuts as a result...just no long-term progress at all. I want to do it differently this time. I want to prove to myself that I CAN grow my hair and take care of it. And I want you guys to join in with me.

I don't want this blog to turn into a "blog" with nobody's personal story behind it. I want it to be me and YOU. When you read the blog posts, I want you to feel as though you're talking to ME, and not just reading an article that was posted by "someone". That is really one of the biggest reasons that I chose to do this blogging challenge. To jump-start my relationship with me. So that when I start to post about other natural hair topics, then it will be more of a conversation, and not just a "post".

Hope you guys are down for the ride and will stick around with me! I'd love to have you!

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...