Sunday, November 13, 2011

30 Day Blogging Challenge! - Day 13

For Day 1, click here.
For Day 2, click here.
For Day 3, click here.
For Day 4, click here.
For Day 5, click here.
For Day 6, click here.
For Day 7, click here.
For Day 8, click here.
For Day 9, click here.
For Day 10, click here.
For Day 11, click here.
For Day 12, click here.

Day 13 Assignment: Share a letter to someone who has hurt you recently.

Dear Close Friend,
        So, during a conversation we had a while back, we were discussing friends and friend's significant others. Yes, I understand that you don't want to create tensions among you, my significant other and I, but really? You wouldn't tell me if you saw him disrespecting me (cheating, too close for comfort, inappropriate behavior, etc.)? Really?

Yes, I know there are some females out there that really catty and messy and just exaggerate situations for their own daily drama satisfaction, but I put you and your opinion on a higher level. I would trust you enough to be 100% HONEST with me in how you felt the situation went down. How I deal with it is up to ME, and you would not receive backlash as a result. Why would I do that? I would trust you enough to be real with me and not just tell me junk because you have issues.

Listen, when you became my CLOSE friend (which I had begun to classify you), you became something greater than just someone I talk to often. You became a person that has my back, willing to take that risk on how I will receive any of the information that you have to give. You indirectly took an oath to try your best to keep me at MY best, both mentally, physically, AND spiritually.

But....you know what. I'm tired of going on this rollercoaster of drama, dissatisfaction, and deeper issues with you. Stop the ride, I'm getting off. When the ride is over, it's OVER. I've tried to be a true friend to you in a variety of situations, and I either get ignored, snapped at, or acknowledged (in a....'OH. ok. moving on' kind of way). I'm grown, I have friends, I have love and a family. I have many of the things that you don't have. I don't have the issues that you have. You do you, and I'mma do me, without you.

Our time is coming to a close. It will be fun while it lasts. Some folks are only meant to be in your life for a season. And our season is almost over. Adios.

NOTE: This was just a casual conversation that we were having one day while driving and talking about relationships and friends. There was nothing going on in my personal relationship with my SO. (lol for the nosy folk who were wondering!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...