Thursday, November 17, 2011

30-Day Blogging Challenge! - Day 17

For Day 1, click here.
For Day 2, click here.
For Day 3, click here.
For Day 4, click here.
For Day 5, click here.
For Day 6, click here.
For Day 7, click here.
For Day 8, click here.
For Day 9, click here.
For Day 10, click here.
For Day 11, click here.
For Day 12, click here.
For Day 13, click here.
For Day 14, click here.
For Day 15, click here.
For Day 16, click here.

Day 17 Assignment: Talk about someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why.

When I was younger, I used to tell my teachers that I wanted a career in performing arts. I wanted to be a successful, famous singer. At the time, Beyonce was not solo, she was in the performing group, Destiny's Child. So I really didn't see her as my solo idol.

I also grew up in the church in the choir. My father has been ministering since he was 12 years old and ever since I've been alive, he's been either a minister or a pastor. For the majority of my life, he was the latter. I loved singing. I loved it so much, that I would make lyric books. What's a lyric book, you may ask? Well, it's a book full of lyrics, of course! lol My favorite groups back then were N'Sync and Backstreet Boys. Also Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. Yall. Christina could blow. For real. I would sing her entire casette tape (don't judge me!) from beginning to end.

Anywho, I'm going to be real honest with you guys, and to myself. I am not the best singer. My knack for music is above average. I have an ear for good music and vocal talent, and that's probably why I can be honest with myself and say that. I can better than the average person, but my range is not awe-inspiring and I don't do complex note-changes very well.

But I know who can, and I want to feel and hear some SANGIN come out of my mouth!!! I want to feel how it feels to have insane range and intense vocal ability and passion to go along with it. I want to feel the energy of the crowd and the adrenaline as I dance impeccably across the stage of a sold out auditorium. I want to feel everything that she feels as she wallows in the success of an awesome singer AND performer....minus the baby in her stomach. I'd rather not feel that. -_-

source
source
source
Her newest album, 4, gives me life!!! I listen to it at least 8 times/week. Double that during off-days. LOL! My favs are 1+1, I Care, Party, Love on Top, Start Over, and I Was Here....pretty much all of it. *kanyeshrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...