Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30-Day Blogging Challenge! - Day 2

For Day 1's assignment, click here.

Day 2 Assignment: Explain the meaning behind your blog name.

Well, this one is easy!


For those who have been following this blog since January, you'll remember that this blog started off as "Nappy Hair University". Remember this?

<Darn! I couldn't find my old blog header. Oh Well, moving on>

My originial purpose of this blog was to give as much natural hair information as possible to those who needed help. Well, you want the honest truth? I realized that I didn't really care to look into those things. And I honestly got exhausted and bored by trying to be all "scientific" about hair. I forget who says this, but the thing is (and I honestly believe this), natural hair is simple. It really is. The problem with alot of naturals is that they go through trial and error adopting regimens/strategies of OTHERS, hoping that it will work for them, instead of experimenting with their OWN hair, to see what works for them.

Don't get me wrong, it's always helpful to bounce ideas and regimens off of someone who has a similar hair "type" (strand density, strand thickness, hair porosity, and hair length), but some of us thick-stranded, low-porosity naturals are trying to 'match' their regimens to that of Curly Nikki! It just.wont.work, people.

I say all of that just to push that I wanted my blog to be something different than a natural hair "bible". I want it to be about my natural hair journey, the products that I use, the styles that I wear, the progress that I make and also....my life as a natural...black....girl (woman/lady/etc. - I just liked the ring of "girl"). I want my readers to not just know about my hair, but about my....life. I feel like I get more out of a blog when I feel a personal connection to the editor to some degree. I may not know who their husband is, how many children they have, or their home address, but I feel as though through reading their posts, that we are having an actual conversation.

That's what I want for I'm a Natural Black Girl...and for my readers. Hopefully, I will lend a helping hand, encouragement, needed information, or just a plain ole' good read to someone.

Stay tuned for the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...