Saturday, November 26, 2011

30-Day Blogging Challenge! - Day 26

For Day 1, click here.
For Day 2, click here.
For Day 3, click here.
For Day 4, click here.
For Day 5, click here.
For Day 6, click here.
For Day 7, click here.
For Day 8, click here.
For Day 9, click here.
For Day 10, click here.
For Day 11, click here.
For Day 12, click here.
For Day 13, click here.
For Day 14, click here.
For Day 15, click here.
For Day 16, click here.
For Day 17, click here.
For Day 18, click here.
For Day 19, click here.
For Day 20, click here.
For Day 21, click here.
For Day 22, click here.
For Day 23, click here.
For Day 24 (part I), click here.
For Day 24 (part II), click here.
For Day 25, click here.
Day 25 Assignment: What do you think about your friends?

"Friends". I don't toss around this term loosely. A friend is someone that I can truly be myself with. No holds barred. A friend is someone that I feel has my back in times are hardship, even when I have nothing to offer them in return, even the friend that they're giving to me. A friend is someone that will be honest with me when they feel I'm wrong. They're not afraid to tell me, "I think you're wrong", and not just, "ooooooo Chile, that is so true....you are soooo right". I hate that. I also think a true friend is someone that will accept my rebuke when I feel as if they are in the wrong.

I also think friends should be able to participate in meaningful and friendly debates. Just last night, me and one of my friends debated about why I favor Real Housewives of Atlanta over Basketball Wives. She favored Basketball Wives over Real Housewives of Atlanta. The conversation got heated, but no mean and spiteful words were said and the conversation went well (unlike last time LOL! - long story). I appreciated that.

Lastly, friends are not affected by distance or time. Just because we live 700 miles apart....it doesn't matter, we're still friends. We still benefit the other in different ways. And just because I haven't talked to you in 6 weeks, doesn't make our friendship any less stronger.

That being said, I only have a handful of friends. And their awesome. We've been through the good...and the bad and pain and heartache. But the joys and happy times far outweight those times, and even still, we grew in the bad times.  I love them and will always have their backs!!!!

How do you define the word "friend"? Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...