Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30-Day Blogging Challenge! - Day 5

For Day 1, click here.
For Day 2, click here.
For Day 3, click here.
For Day 4, click here.

Day 5 Assignment: Share a picture of somewhere you've been to.

I haven't been to very many places yet. I'm still in that post-graduate school phase where I'm trying to save money and cut down on my debt (all while planning a wedding and potentially saving to buy a house next year). That being said..it'll be a while for me. However, I have visited the Big Apple on TWO occasions. Enjoy the photos!!!

source
The first was for the Sex and the City 2 premiere. The funny thing about my relationship with Sex and the City is that I NEVER watched it while it was on HBO. It was only after I voiced my interest in watching the series, and my then b/f purchased it for me for one of my birthdays. We were interning together and staying in a housing development on an Army base. (no kitchen, no bathtub, only a shower stall - ugh). I watched the entire series within a span of 3 weeks. I was officially....#addicted. More on that story later. Me and some of my friends from D.C. HAD to go! We stayed in Manhattan close to one of the theaters. It was blast! Much partying, eating, shopping, and posing!


Did you know that Macy's is the largest store in the WORLD?!?!?! Crazy...Didn't even go in - too overwhelming!
Carrie Bradshaw (SATC) went into this bakery in one of the episodes. :)
Cupcakes were O.K. - overrated, really. Hello Cupcake in D.C. is way better.
Advertisement billboards were EVERYWHERE, including on boutique windows, buses, buildings, etc.

The second was earlier this year when I had the lovely joy of having my parents visit me in VA for Memorial Day. They came in on Monday, my dad left on Wednesday, and I surprised my mom with a visit to NY. She was elated! When I had went for SATC, we didn't do much sight-seeing, much due to the fact that we were staying in Manhattan and not NY. However, this time around, we were RIGHT in the thick of the Big Apple. We visited Central Park, Madison Square Gardens, Times Square, The Rockefeller Center, The Empire State (didn't go in), and much more. We even rode the metro!!!! (I like D.C.'s MUCH better).
Madison Square Gardens

View of the city from Central Park
We strolled past the Empire State Building - My mom is afraid of heights so there was no way we were going in...
Mom had an awesome time. I could tell and I was glad to have made her day :)
Hope you enjoyed my trip summaries to N.Y. I truly like the pace of the city. It's very euphoric and high-paced. I like high-paced. -_-

Stay tuned for more about me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...