Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30-Day Blogging Challenge! - Day 7

For Day 1, click here.
For Day 2, click here.
For Day 3, click here.
For Day 4, click here.
For Day 5, click here.
For Day 6, click here.

Day 7 Assignment: Share a picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you.
I would have to say:
source
I may have mentioned this in a previous post, by my dad has been a pastor the majority of my life. He began ministering at the young age of 12 in a Church of God in Christ (C.O.G.I.C.) denominational church. Ever since I was born, I can remember the family rising up early in the mornings and attending church. Every now and then, my dad would decide to depart from a church (it was rare - only 3 churches from birth-now).

Now, don't get me wrong. My family has had its fair share of drama in and out of church. Nobody's perfect. But what they did instill in me is the belief that there IS a higher power in this life. And that person is God. Jesus. The Holy Spirit. I believe in all three and I believe that they rest, rule, and abide over me and my life. Now, I'm not going to make this church into a sermon, but God has truly proven to me throughout my life and he is alive and well. I have graduated from a school with close to no educational loans, although my parents were not financially-able to pay for any of it. I was never sure that I was going to get to college and saw no way that I would be able to. But by His grace, he made is possible...so quickly. I had a child out of wedlock with a guy I barely knew (who was also in a relationship with someone else at the time). I just knew the entire relationship and parenthood would be cursed and I begged that he would forgive me and renew my relationship my child's father and make us into responsible, loving parents. I certainly thought school might be over for me. But was it? Nope. Did me and the father break-up from the curse of how it all began? Nope. Did we both graduate from school (AND get our Master's? AND the ability to work in the same location? Making Good Money? Live Comfortably? AND eventually get engaged?) Uhhhh yeah.....He's definitely real.

Without Him, I don't know where I'd be and it scares me to even think about it. Was I worthy? No. Am I worthy now? Absolutely not. I never will be. But that's why I'm so thankful for Jesus and His blood, which set me free from all past/present/future sin. The presence of the Lord is forever with me, even in the midst of my mess. I'm forever grateful....

He's working on me even now. I've always thought that I would become a certain type of individual. But it was only because that's who I thought I had to be in order to be successful. But I know now that it doesn't have to be that way. With Him. He is truly opening my eyes to my true purpose and passion in life and I am so excited to begin to walk into the plan that he has for my life. I have definitely fell and stumbled off the straight and narrow path that he wants me to be on, because it's hard to go against what your fleshly body wants to do. But I hope that with me continuing to read His Word and growing my relationship with Him, and it will get easier in time, and that I will fulfill my true purpose.

Do you believe in God? Or even a higher power? What are you doing in order to grow your faith and spirituality? Let me know!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...