Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30-Day Blogging Challenge! - Day 8

OK! Back on track with this post!

For Day 1, click here.
For Day 2, click here.
For Day 3, click here.
For Day 4, click here.
For Day 5, click here.
For Day 6, click here.
For Day 7, click here.

Day 8 Assignment: Share your short term goals for this month and why.

I don't know about anybody else but um.....I am
#1 - A natural hair product junkie (PJ)
#2 - I am addicted to eating out.
#3 - I am addicted to finding things that I actually NEED to buy, every. single. time. I go to the grocery store.

All of these things have something in common: Spending money

Yall. Christmas is in December. My wedding is in April. My child starts school next August. Me and my fiancee' are trying to purchase our first home next August. Why am I spending money?

For the month of November, I plan to spend ONLY for necessities. This includes gas, food (ONLY enough. Not too much), bills, and ummm.....that's it. I will not be purchasing ANY hair products...and this includes Black Friday....(conscious: "wtf??!?!") ONLY because I have a cabinet FULL of products, some that I have not even tried yet. (Product Reviews coming soon! - I have some FAVS) It makes absolutely no sense and it's ridiculous. I have to start getting serious about my money if I am planning to survive the rest of this year and next. So with that....let's get to saving.

Anywhoo, I also plan to prepare my mind and mouth for Thanksgiving. I am trying to transition my body from eating foolishness (this includes candy, endless amounts of bread - it's my favorite, processed foods) and begin to eat a more natural, wholesome diet. I am hoping to cut out ALL processed foods and begin to make home-cooked meals using fresh vegetables, meats, and carbs. Some I will keep (rice side dishes, mashed potato packets, etc.), just because I feel these are not as bad as alot of processed foods out there. However, I will be doing some research on just how accurate my theory is on that. I want to begin to not be SO dependent on food.

I want to eat to live...not the other way around. I absolutely LOVE food. Not just food....processed, fatty, buttery, carby, fried foods. Whyyyyyy? I don't know. But I'm going to lose this habit next year. I'm thinking of trying a fast. I've heard that it helps in weaning one off of their addiction to bad foods. We'll see.

That's it for November. Basically do better with my money and my food.

What are your short-term goals for November?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lacoya! I can TOTALLY relate... I'm busy tryna pay off student loans & somehow PJism always gets in the way, LOL!

    BTW, I'm Charles' sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know 2 Charles!!! Which one? LOL! Thanks for stopping by my blog AND....

    I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! Your hair is Gorg! I'll definitely be adding you to my blog list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute...this is crazy. LOL! After I pressed enter, I saw one of your photos on your blog....oh...you mean Charles G.

    Yall definitely look alike! :)

    I have to tell him you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...