Wednesday, November 9, 2011

30-Day Blogging Challenge! - Day 9

For Day 1, click here.
For Day 2, click here.
For Day 3, click here.
For Day 4, click here.
For Day 5, click here.
For Day 6, click here.
For Day 7, click here.
For Day 8, click here.

Day 9 Assignment: Share something you're proud of in the past few days.

I have really been making moves, you guys.

A while back, I began to question alot of things. It basically revolved about me not being happy with my career. Is this really what I'm meant to do in life, or is it what I thought I SHOULD be doing in order to be financially successful. Early on in life, I had gotten my priorities mixed up and chosen opportunities and made decisions based on the wrong thing, and now I had wound up in a life full of misery.

I should quit, right? And find out what my passion is and go with that? Hmm...I had to really seek God about this. What did he tell me? "Be still and now that I am God" (Psalm 46:10). Alright....this was really difficult for me to do, because at the time, I didn't have the answers I wanted and I wanted to understand it all. Do I understand it all now? Nope. BUT, he has given me enough clarification in this thing to know what IS my calling and passion in life.

But He also has given me this scripture:
"Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise" (Hebrews 10:35,36)

Which lets me know that as long as I seek Him and seek to grow my relationship with Him, He will inevitably lead me into the will that He has for my life. That gives me so much encouragement and peace, it's crazy. As for work, I feel as though He will lead me in the right direction in my career as well, without me doing anything drastic, like quitting. Many people get to this point of confusion and think God is telling them to do something drastic, but He really isn't (Sometimes, he IS, but that's for you to decipher), He's just trying to get you to think and seek the true purpose in your life. Ask Him to guide you and He will...trust me. Maybe he will eventually lead me to something drastic, but I feel it's not right now.

As for my proud achievements, through this life discovery, He has enlightened to reveal to me that my calling in life is 'Order'. My passion, my purpose, my true gift in life, is giving things Order. I love anything organization. Whether that means cleaning a house, organizing items and/or collections, designing/collaborating spaces, organizing/conducting events (in Order), managing monies, decisions, and/or programs. Order. Order. Order.

And since he has revealed that to me, that is what I am going to do.

Now this may seem like this has gone on in the span of years. No. I'm talking about 2 months. Since then, I have become to network with people, I have created and am now in the beginning stages of opening up an events planning service, I am currently in the process or designing/ordering business cards for both my blog and my events planning business.

The biggest thing that has popped into my head as of late is to stop looking for external opportunities to extend my abilities. I can throw my own event right here in the small city of Fredericksburg. It will be natural hair-oriented and it will be successful. It's just in the thought-stages right now since the idea only came about as of yesterday, but soon.....very soon....it will come to fruition like nothing ever before. How do I know this? Because God told me so.

I'm just proud that I am beginning to revel in my already-there, but newfound-passion and am actually making moves to walk out God's purpose for my life. It's amazing, and I'm ready!

What are some things that have made you proud in the past few days? Share!

Later lovelies! Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...