Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday Buys!!!

Hey Lovelies!!!!

       I hope you all have been having fabulous holiday mini-vacations like me! I love waking up after 9a.m., not having a care in the world, and being able to do absolutely whatever I'd like. I also like being able to spend time with family and just time to be able to do the things that I never have time to be during the work week.

On the meat of this post, though: BLACK FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

So, my Black Friday story is a good one:
My blacklisted stores were Wal-Mart (bought SO much stuff) and Best Buy. I want to purchase a LeapFrog LeapPad for my 5 year-old son.


During the past week, I had been able to find the pink versions EVERYWHERE, but seemingly, the greens ones have been sold out all within a 300mi radius -_-. So...I knew that this Best Buy will have them due to them being displayed in their Black Friday Ad, so I knew I had to be there. I get there around 10pm and stand in line for 2 HOURS. After being about the 100th person inside the store, I inquire to the first sales person I see about where the LeapPad is located. "Gaming". Not there. Ask someone else. "Behind the land line phones". I round the corner....see the advertisement.....along with a man...grabbing the last one...in green. *Sigh*

Alas, the search continues.

Anywhoo, in terms of natural hair, I had been debating on what I wanted to try most in combination to what sort of deals were available. I was eyeing Bear Fruit Hair conditioner (hadn't decided which one), Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter and Bee Loved Hair & Scalp Moisturizer, Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (and some type of hair oil), and Anita Grant Rhassoul Deep Condish Cubes.

Well, I decided to go against the Anita Grant due to shipping costs and risks with lost/damaged items (which she warns against before purchasing). As for the rest, why when I was preparing to enter my credit card information, I just got a sudden impulsed and hurriedly closed out ALL of the windows. I don't need to buy ANYTHING.

That is....until OYIN HANDMADE ran through my mind. LOL! "Hey, they have a sale going on too!" Oh yeah! So I headed on over, and luckily, their discount applied to EVERYTHING - including sample sizes. *Does the shuffle*

I ended up purchasing the following:

1 ea. grand poo bar - succulent solid shampoo $5.60
1 ea. 2oz Mini: Honey Wash $2.80
1 ea. 2oz Mini: Hair Dew $2.80
1 ea. 2oz Mini: Honey Hemp Conditioner $2.80

$14.00
Sub-Total:
$6.20
United States Postal Service (Priority Mail):
 
For a total of $20.20!!!!!!!!!!!! 
 
YES! I'm excited to finally try these infamous products out and give you guys a review. Stay tuned!
 
What buys did you indulge in (or save in) during this Black Friday? Are you eyeing anything else? Let me know!
 

4 comments:

  1. Lol, girl I went to Best Buy at midnight and once I saw that line... whew! Walmart was a madhouse... it took me 20 mins to literally get a clear path to the front door. I decided to just do some online shopping. Lol, and Oyin was the FIRST place I hit up! Looks like you got a nice assortment, can't wait to hear your reviews... possibly??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know see you making me shop for hair products lol! I won a $25 gift card to bee mine so i used that on sample products plus the 25% off i missed the 30% off it ended at 1:00 *sadface*! Anywho im headed over to oyin to get some hair products lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kiki - Best Buy was NO joke - and OF COURSE - I definitely have a LOT of reviews coming up. I have come up with a consistent regimen to be able to effectively test products. Stay tuned!

    @Kelleashia - OOOOOOO I am so jealous. I really wanted the Bee Mine items...*sigh* If only I would've had a $25 off coupon.....LOL! Please come back and tell us how the products worked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes i cant wait to try them, ive heard nothing but great reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...