Monday, November 21, 2011

Hair Update - Future Style Inspired by YouTuber Sharterrka03 (THE RESULTS)

Hey lovelies,
    If you've read my previous post titled similar to this one, you've known that I had planned to re-create her style on my own head. Well, the results are in!!!! Here are my results:

Sharterrka03's Original Creation





There are a few BLATANT differences. LOL! But overall, I LOVED it. The regimen that I used to create this style is described below:

Step 1: Prepoo (Accidentally for 3 days....laziness)
Olive Oil + Darcy Botanicals Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Conditioning Oil.

Step 2: Shampoo/Condition
Eden Body Works Shampoo & Conditioner (Definitely my current favorites for shampoo/condition)

Step 3: Deep Condition
My Honey Child Olive You Deep Conditioner. (Review Coming Soon - this was my first run)

Step 4: Style
One big difference in our styling techniques is that I chose to stretch my hair prior to styling. My hair will shrink to BC length if I style my wet, loose hair (no, forreal lol). So, in order to prevent disastrous results, I set my hair into about 15 medium braids (I used Kinky Curly Knot Today to detangle, Eden Body Works Hair Milk and a leave-in, My Honey Child Buttery Soy Hair Creme as a styler, and Shea Butter as a sealant)and let dry overnight (more like 24 hrs). Once I was ready to style, I took apart the braids and followed the tutorial directions. My puff started out big (I should've taken a picture, but was too excited)....however, due to the shape of my head (it's very round), the stocking I used to hold the puff into place just slid...and slid...until it was the tiny puff you see above.

Another difference is in the side two-strand twists. I used some of the bottom hair for my twists, whereas she used that hair for the puff, which may have changed my puff a bit.

Overall, I LOVEEE it! I would have thought my puff would be dried out by now due to the chilly weather here in Northern VA, but I've worn it for 2 days and it has been GOOD w/o no spritz, remoisturizing or anything - probably due to my heavy artillery used for setting the braids. LOL!

Hopefully, this will last until Wednesday, then I will probably set my hair in braids again, and do it ALLLL over!!! :-D Much love to Sharterrka03 again for such a lovely style!

To any of my readers who end up trying this style, be sure to send me pics so that I can feature it here on my blog!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...