Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Product Review - Kinky Curly Knot Today

Hello Lovelies!!!!

I am bringing another product review to you ladies because I know yall want to hear good things to encourage you to buy! LOL!
-----------------------------------------------------------
KINKY CURLY KNOT TODAY
Price: $12.00 /8oz Bottle via Kinky-Curly

What Kinky Curly says about this product...
KNOT TODAY TM is a creamy herbal conditioner and detangler designed to smooth the cuticle and remove knots, snarls and tangles from thick curly textured hair.

Directions: After washing hair, apply KNOT TODAY TM generously and work through troubled areas with a wide tooth comb. Can be used as a regular rinse out conditioner for wavy hair or as a leave-in for thicker curlier hair types. An excellent product to use after removing braids and extensions.

***TIP- When using this product as a leave-in, apply in the shower and rinse with a little water to evenly distribute the conditioner.

Ingredients:
Organic Mango Fruit Extract, Organic Slippery Elm, Organic Marshmallow Root, Organic Lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrinmonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol , and natural fragrance. (Yes! Loving that it has less than 10 ingredients!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IANBG Review:
When I first used this product, it was in combination with the Kinky Curly Curling Custard. I was attempting to do a Wash-n-Go. Well, let's just say.....FAIL! So much of a fail, that I have yet to use the curling custard again in fear of a repeat fiasco. Problem #1 was that I was trying to define a curl pattern that I didn't have. My hair is very coily, but the strands are also very THICK, which makes it VERY hard to weigh down. The only product that I have used that has been able to lay my hair down is Shea Moisture Purification Masque. Problem #2 is that I might not have used the appropriate application method. I have read that there is an art to applying this stuff which includes a mix of applying to soaking wet hair, rinsing, and whipping the hair back and forth. Anywhoo, even if I had the application method down, I still don't think I would have got the weighed down curls due to Problem #1.

Soon after, I just decided to try the Knot Today alone as a leave-in conditioner. Well, I had co-washed my hair (I had a TWA then), and got out of the shower and towel-dried my hair. Afterwards, I took a quarter-sized amount and applied it to my entire head. 'Wait a minute now.....my hair, feels.... so.... SLIPPERYYYYYYYY!!!!' - I blame this on the marshmallow root.  I'm so serious you guys....for the first time in my natural hair journey, I was able to successfully......FINGERCOMB!!! Previously, there was no freaking way I was able to run my fingers through my hair sucessfully even ONE time. My tangles would somehow be solidified and would NOT come undone without the (infamous) Tangle Teezer - which I have retired. After that incidence, I did not use it for awhile, due to me thinking that I needed a thicker leave-in. However, this was before I had discovered the leave-in+Sealant+Styler method. Once discovering this method and the wonders it does for my hair, I decided to go back to using KCKT as my primary leave-in conditioner. It makes my hair easier to detangle, it has decrease the amout of breakage that I see, and I have an overall easier time styling.

IANBG Rating:
Moisture:  **** (4 stars - It does the trick for a base moisturizer!)
Slip: ***** (5 Stars - Cah-razy Slip)
Compatibility: **** (4 Stars - I have used it with a variety of products and no issues yet!)
Smell: **** (4 Stars - Has a light, sweet smell!)
Overall: ***** (5 Stars - Definitely on my list of favorites!)

Have any of you tried this product? What was your take on it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***DISCLAIMER: I purchased this product with my own money. I was in no way compensated or contacted by Kinky Curly to provide this review. All comments are of my own honest opinion and are based on MY hair and its reaction to the products.

1 comment:

  1. Hair Extra is exactly as the name says, it is an excellent solution for the hair problem as Hair thinning, fuller hair, Hair loss, Hair loss conceal, Thicker hair . adding more hair to your head naturally and effortlessly, it is a superlative hair loss products. A perfect Solution For Balding .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...