Thursday, November 10, 2011

Product Review - Renpure Organics My Hair is Pretty Parched! "Moisturizing" Shampoo

Hello Lovelies,
    Today I come to you bringing a product review of a product that I tried a while back. It was listed on my "Products Review" page, but I have decided to just make those reviews into regular posts. I will be using my navigation bar for other things pertaining to this blog.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RENPURE ORGANICS MY HAIR IS PRETTY PARCHED! "MOISTURIZING" SHAMPOO


Price: $6.99/13.5oz Bottle via Amazon.com

What Cantu Shea Butter® says about this product...
This formula contains Pomegranate Juice and Pomegranate Extract which helps restore normal moisture levels. It also contains Silk Protein which is used to repair damage and Olive Leaf Extracts which are used to smooth and repair split ends.

Ingredients:
Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil [Derived Source]), Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate (Vegetable Oil [Derived Source]), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Coconut Oil [Derived Source]), Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (Palm Oil [Derived Source]), PEG-10 Sunflower Glycerides, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (Certified Organic), Silk Amino Acids, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract (Certified Organic), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Certified Organic), Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Glycerin (Vegetable Oil), Polyquaternium-10, PEG-150 Distearate, Glycol Stearate (Palm Oil [Derived Source]), PEG-100 Stearate, Amodimethicone, C11-15 Pareth-7, Laureth-9, Trideceth-12, Coco-Glucoside (Coconut Oil [Derived Source]), Glyceryl Oleate, Benzophene-4, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IANBG Review:
I'm sorry, but moisturizing what???? It's been awhile since I've used this product, but unfortunately, I still very actively remember how UN-moisturized my hair was. I mean, I know shampoos are supposed to clean, but this specifically said "moisturizing"....meaning my hair should not feel...dry. It felt horrible. Now given, I did not follow up with the paired conditioner. Perhaps this would have given different results, but a company making shampoos should not label a product "moisturizing" if it is not, regardless of whether the line TOGETHER is moisturizing or not. It's called false advertising. Just because I purchased your shampoo, does not mean I am going to purchase your conditioner. At the time of purchase, I was specifically looking for a shampoo (only) that would not strip my hair. My conditioner at the time was V05 Moisture Milks - Passion Fruit Smoothie.

The smell was o.k. It had the smell of a base shampoo with a light hint of a pomegranate (tart, fruity). The consistency was that of liquid soap. Which isn't bad, most shampoos have that similar consistency.

Anywhoo, on a good note, when I purchased this product, it was offering a full-price mail-in-rebate (YES!), so that made me feel a LITTLE better. (I didn't even end up doing it - I was like...*sigh* - the time I spend filling out the form and paying for postage.....is worth $6. Just forget it.)

IANBG Rating:
Moisture:  (0 stars -_-)
Cleansing: **** (4 Stars - My hair was definitely cleansed of all possible residue AND lingering moisture)
Compatibility: *** (3 Stars - May work only with paired product)
Smell: *** (3 Stars - it was o.k.)
Overall: ** (2 Stars)

By this time, you probably already know that I have not used this product since and will not be trying it in the future.

Have any of you tried this product? What was your take on it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***DISCLAIMER: I purchased this product with my own money. I was in no way compensated or contacted by Renpure Organics to provide this review. All comments are of my own jonest opinion and are based on MY hair and its reaction to the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...