Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Product Review - Tangle Teezer

Hello Lovelies!!!!

I am bringing another product review to you ladies because I know yall want to hear good things to encourage you to buy (-or- NOT to buy)! LOL!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TANGLE TEEZER

Price: $9.99 via Sally's Beauty Supply

What Tangle Teezer says about this product...
Tangle Teezer Original professional detangling hairbrush is loved by hairdressers and used in professional hair salons. It's a super smooth operator that works the minute hair is lathered and rinsed. Glides through wet, vulnerable and colour treated hair with no pulling, tugging or yanking. Hair peace at last!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IANBG Review:
Womp. Womp. Womp. How disappointing. When I rushed to Sally's to purchase my (and another friend's) hot off the press Tangle Teezer, I was excited. I had watched the numerous YouTube videos that had declared this tool the Detangling Master. I had even watched it perform as it had promised. I pulled it out of the case, and (as with watching the YTube videos) found it odd that they didn't think it was worth adding a handle. Anywhoo, I had washed/conditioned my hair (can't remember the duo, but whatever it was it was a solid regimen), followed by a deep condition. I took a medium section of hair and began to comb. In 30 seconds (tops), that hair was smooth....detangled...and twisted (*gasps*). It was true. It was the detangling master. I had spent hours...and hours using regular wide-toothed combs, just to be whipped by them and lose insane amounts of hair due to breakage. I had tried the 'soaking with conditioner' method, which ended in failure. And here I have this itty bitty ole brush laughing at whatever tangles were there.

-_- Way too good to be true. I only used it 4 times over the span of about 2 months before I noticed the bushy ends and massive tangles on the ends. I attributed it to an imbalance in the PH of my hair. Therefore, I  tried using some of Kimmay's Leave-In recipe...to no avail. I eventually broke down and trimmed my hair (ooohhhh what a mess - that's for another post). Now, I'm not 100% sure that the tangles were the result of my Tangle Teezer. Why? Because I hadn't had a trim since BC'ing, and I had been natural for about 8 -or- 9 months. I had also not been paying attention to the PH of the hair products that I had been using.

But aside from that, I began to notice MANY naturals complaining about seeing lots of split ends and knots after several uses of the Tangle Teezer (and it being the only change in their regimens). Hmm??? Coincedence? I don't know, but the Tangle Teezer has been retired. I still have it in my cubby, but I will probably never use it again, except in emergency situations (i.e.  Thie >< close to BC'ing all over again due to frustration with tangles).

IANBG Rating:
Ease of Use:  *** (3 stars - No handle! Slippery if using with loose products)
Detangling Power: ***** (5 Stars - Definitely makes tangles look like itty bitty weak particles of existence)
Hair Safety: ** (2 Stars - not certain, but definitely not about to experiment to find out)
Durability: *** (3 Stars - The bristles did begin to bend after 4/5 uses)
Overall: ** (2 Stars - I shouldn't have to damage my hair in order to detangle it - makes no sense)

Have any of you tried this product? What was your take on it?
***DISCLAIMER: I purchased this product with my own money. I was in no way compensated or contacted by Herbal Tangle Teezer to provide this review. All comments are of my own honest opinion and are based on MY hair and its reaction to the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...