Sunday, December 4, 2011

Product Review - Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel

Hello Lovelies!!!!

Enjoy this product review! I've been using this one here and there for awhile.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ECO STYLER OLIVE OIL STYLING GEL






Price: $4.79 - 32oz Tub via Sally's Beauty Supply

What it Says...
Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel contains 100% Pure Olive Oil for deep down conditioning while maintaining maximum hold. Olive oil helps your scalp naturally regulate its own moisturizing system. Olive oil helps attract moisture to the scalp, and holds it in. It also contains UV protection. For all hair types. Used by professionals.
  • No flaking, no tack and anti-itch
  • Contains 100% pure olive oil
  • Safe for all hair types
  • Alcohol-free 
Directions: Apply to dry or wet hair. Work desired amount through hair and style.
Ingredients:
Water, Carbomer, Hydrolyzed What Protein, PVP, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydrxymethylglycinate, Polysorbate 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Olive Oil, Fragrance, Blue #1, Yellow #11, LOVE AND PRIDE.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IANBG Review:
I've used this product several times throughout my natural journey. When I first purchased it, I had a TWA (teeny weeny afro), and I was trying to "enhance" my "curl pattern". Well...the thing is....I don't REALLY have one. LOL! My hair is definitely EXTREMELY curly, however, none of the strands curl in the same direction. They just sort of, go in all different directions. Let me show you:


Yep. Now you get my drift. This gel did not create what I was looking for. I was looking for something a little more like:

source
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Not a chance. It changed in no way other than getting hard (because I overdosed) and that was pretty much it. I, soonafter, put it under my bathroom sink for "storage". A little after I was over a year natural, I pulled it out again and experimented with it, using it for my edges, slicking back puffs, and holding twists (for later twistouts). The gel really doesn't work for my edges unless I wrap them down with a scarf. My edges are finer than the rest of my hair, but not fine enough to call "baby hurr". It worked excellent for my puffs after tying down my hair with a scarf and leaving it on for about an hour. It also works wonders on twistouts! Definition galore (although I can't totally attribute this to the gels seeing as how I used it in combination with other products).


 I did not ever have an issue with flaking (which I liked!), even with me combining it with different products, and I like the fact that it does provide hold and is very light and moisturizing. The smell, although not good, is extremely light, and the only way you would be able to smell it is if you dipped your nose in the tub. I believe that I could use this as a leave-in and be good on moisturizing, as long as I seal with an oil and use a styling butter on top. And for $5 for 32 oz....really? Is this even a debate? Great product!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETA: I do NOT use this product for "shingling" or wash-n-go's, simply because my hair "don't do that". LOL. I have long since aborted attempts at using products to make my 4b hair into 3c hair. For one thing, it doesn't work, and secondly, my hair suffers and becomes angry when I try. LOL! I aim to keep her (my hair) happy, therefore, I do not do these things.
IANBG Rating:
Moisture: **** (4 stars - I've never used it alone, but it makes for an awesome base)
Smell: *** (3 Stars - Smell is awful - but it is barely noticeable!)
Compatibility : ***** (5 Stars - to be a gel, it worked amazing with other products)
Hold: **** (4 Stars - Provided great definition and hold, and if you use the right amount, there will be no crunchiness! - I used around a finger dab on each section)
Overall: **** (4 Stars - My favorite gel yet!)

Have any of you tried this product? What was your take on it?
***DISCLAIMER: I purchased this product with my own money. I was in no way compensated or contacted by the maker of Eco Styler to provide this review. All comments are of my own honest opinion and are based on MY hair and its reaction to the products.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Endermologie machine cheap and Home skin care devices in USA. I'm choosing between Advance-esthetic.com and Advance-esthetic.us websites.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...