Sunday, December 4, 2011

Product Review - Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee

Hey Lovelies,
     Just thought I'd bring to you a few more product reviews for tonight. Up next is.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QHEMET BIOLOGICS COCOA TREE DETANGLING GHEE

source



Price: $14 / 5oz
           $5.50/ 2oz via Qhemet Biologics

What Qhemet Biologics says about this product...
Restores manageability, softness and elasticity to normal to very dry hair. Smooths cuticles, improves combing ability and reduces breakage. Contains pure, prime pressed Cocoa Butter to smooth, soften and seal in moisture, Horsetail, Nettle and Barley to strengthen and condition and sulfur rich MSM to nourish follicles and support growth.

Enhanced with carefully selected mild and eco-friendly detangling actives, it instantly restores manageability, pliability and elasticity to matted and tangled hair. Does not contain mineral oil, lanolin, silicones, parabens or artificial fragrances. Natural Dark Chocolate Scent.


Directions: For tangled hair that is damp or dry, divide hair into 4-8 sections. Apply a moderate amount to the entire length of one section at a time and work through with fingers. Use a wide toothed comb to comb through from end to root as hair is instantly softened and detangled. For use as a conditioner, rub a small to medium amount between palms and work through wet, damp or dry hair. Leave in.
Ingredients:
Distilled Water, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Extract, Barley (Hordeum Vulgare) Extract, Horsetail (Equisetum Arvense) Extract, Pure Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, MSM Sulfur (Methylsufonylmethane), Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (a Paraben-free & Formaldehyde-free preservative).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IANBG Review:
The very first time I used this product, my hair was a mature TWA. I used it as a deep conditioner. Well, after doing that, I decided that that would be the ONLY thing I would use it for. I used this along with olive oil for an overnight deep treatment. I warmed it up along with the olive oil (about 50/50) and applied it to my entire head. Afterwards, I covered my hair with a plastic cap and my silk bonnet and went to bed. When I awoke, my hair was.....so....freaking....soft. It was almost like silkened butter. I have NEVER...and I do mean NEVER felt my hair softer. It was easy to comb through (a rarity, for me and my hair), and I kinda wished I hadn't added the olive oil, because I had to rinse it out. Fortunately, the moisture retained itself after I did a cool rinse and completed my regimen.

Oh....and let me know forget to give the deets on the smell. Oh, the smell. It smells like cocoa butter with a hint of chocolate. It's crazy. I love it. And the smell DOES linger, why I didn't mind, beccause I like smelling sweet :) This stuff is amazing. I have yet to use it as a leave-in for a twist-set. But when I do, I will update this review. I love it!
IANBG Rating:
Moisture: ***** (5 stars - I have yet to find a better deep conditioner *hands down*)
Smell: **** (5 Stars - Who doesn't love the smell of Cocoa Butter?!)
Detangling/Slip: *** (4 Stars - Slip level was definitely similar or better than Kinky Curly Knot Today)
Compatibility: **** (I haven't had any issues with using with other products)
Overall: ***** (5 Stars - Definitely on my list of favorites!)

Have any of you tried this product? What was your take on it?
***DISCLAIMER: I purchased this product with my own money. I was in no way compensated or contacted by Qhemet Biologics to provide this review. All comments are of my own honest opinion and are based on MY hair and its reaction to the products.

2 comments:

  1. I have used this product as well as many of their other products. Hands down, these are some of the best products I have used on my TWA. My beautician has noticed how soft my hair is and I no longer have split ends. Now, my husband is using my Qhemet products and he likes them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ MACa6325xi: YES! I absolutely love their products. My fav is this CTDG!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...