Saturday, January 7, 2012

Product Review: Darcy's Botanicals Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme

Hello Lovelies,
    I decided to post some more reviews on the products that I have used in the past (and present). Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DARCY'S BOTANICALS MADAGASCAR VANILLA STYLING CREME
Price: $12 / 8oz
           $20 / 16oz via Darcy's Botanicals

What Darcy's Botanicals says about this product...
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Our Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme is a luscious blend of all natural oils that will provide healthy conditioning, softness & moisture to your naturally curly hair.

HOW DO I USE IT?
*Use it as a hair moisturizer to naturally condition dry curls, locs & waves.
*Use as a styling butter for twists, braids, afros, and locs.
*Use to promote healthy hair growth
*Many of our customers also use it as a body butter!!! Works great as a multi-purpose hair & body butter:)
*Apply a small amount throughout damp or dry hair as needed to help seal in moisture. Excellent for twists, braids, locs, curls and waves.
* 100% Natural, 100% Vegan

Directions: Apply a small amount throughout damp or dry hair as needed to help seal in moisture.
Ingredients:
Organic Palm Oil, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Madagascar Vanilla, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Candelilla Wax, Organic Castor Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil and Potassium Sorbate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IANBG Review:
When I first used this product, I didn't like it. I felt like it left my hair hard and my ends were super dry. I was still in the learning phases of my hair. I had made the mistake of not moisturizing my hair enough by not applying enough leave-in conditioner prior to applying this product. This product is an excellent "sealant" which seals in the moisture that your hair ALREADY has in its strands. If your hair is not sufficiently moisturized prior to using this product, you will be left with hard, dry hair because you never moisturized it in the first place.

Once I learned my mistake, the second time using this product, I made sure to apply enough water-based moisturizer to my strands, first. I styled my hair into two-strand twists, and they were SO soft and supple. I had no need to re-moisturize for about 4-5 days. It was amazing. After about 7-8 days, I released the twists for a twist-out. Ohhhh the definition! Awesome. I have used this product several times afterwards. Here are some photos to showcase the definition results:

IANBG Rating:
Moisture: ***** (5 stars - I loved the fact that I didn't have to re-moisturize every other day)
Smell: **** (4 Stars - VERY light vanilla smell)
Definition: **** 4 Stars - Pictures don't lie! - well, some do, but mine don't!! -_-)
Compatibility: ***** (5 Stars - Used with several other products with no issues)
Overall: ***** (5 Stars - Definitely one of my favorite stylers!)

Have any of you tried this product? What was your take on it?

***DISCLAIMER: I purchased this product with my own money. I was in no way compensated or contacted by Darcy's Botanicals to provide this review. All comments are of my own honest opinion and are based on MY hair and its reaction to the products.

2 comments:

  1. woo hoo! 4 years natural ova' here! lol glad i found your blog! I'm definitely following you! I hope you'll visit my blog and follow me too!

    http://www.thedumpyduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TheDumpyDuchess: Thank you! I love to hear when/if others are enjoying the material! :) I just checked out your blog and it's FAB! You've gained a new follower, mos def!

    Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...