Saturday, January 7, 2012

Product Review - Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

Hello Lovelies!
     I am here to give a review of one of my (*spoiler*) LOVES! While I have no TRUE staples in my regimen because I am too much of a product junkie, I do have certain products that I would recommend trying for ANY type of hair, and this is one of them. Let's get down with the get down on this product:


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHEA MOISTURE ORGANIC RAW SHEA BUTTER MOISTURE RETENTION SHAMPOO


Price: $9.99 / 12oz via Target, Walgreens

What Shea Moisture says about this product...
Hydrates, smoothes and repairs strands, leaving hair manageably soft. For dry, damaged hair. Heal, grow and strengthen.
  • Sea kelp: Trace minerals detoxify hair follicles of impurities and residue
  • Argan oil: Restores shine and rebuilds hair elasticity
  • Shea butter: Deeply moisturizes and repairs damage to hair and scalp
  • Ethically traded ingredients, sustainably produced
  • Color-safe 
  • No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal ingredients or sulfates
  • Cruelty free, no animal testing
  • Certified organic ingredients
Directions: There are actually no directions on the bottle, interestingly enough. But...I mean...it IS a shampoo, there's not much to it. (#imjustsaying) I suppose if it had technical instructions, they would be something like...."Apply to wet hair. Work into a lather and massage scalp to lift dirt off of the hair. Rinse. (I guesssss....? lol)

Ingredients:
Deionized Water , Decyl Glucoside (Sugar Beets) , African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Aloe Vera Leaf Juice , Argan Oil , Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5) , Rosemary Extract , Sea Kelp Extract , Vitamin E , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower Extract (Honeysuckle) , Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Japanese Honeysuckle)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IANBG Review:
I honestly have been using this product for a while now. I'm not sure as to why it took me this long to post a review. I thought I had done so, but when I went to look for it....it wasn't there. So I made one. I decided to try this shampoo out after a failed attempt at using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo (I hated it - but I can't remember the FULL details, so I haven't posted a review). I also tried their Green Tea Shampoo, which I loved! I might post a review on that since I DO remember those results. 

*Gasps* I am so trifling for getting so off track with this review. My apologies....I applied this to pre-poo'd, twisted hair. The smell, in my opinion, honestly smells like what could be a brand of men's cologne. It's definitely not what I would expect from a shampoo that is mainly targeted towards women. It wasn't my favorite. When shampoo'ing, I use my BabyBliss Scalp Massager to work the shampoo into a lather and to cleanse my scalp. This shampoo produces an awesome lather that I like. For some reason, I have a hard time thinking my scalp is clean if there is no lather (which I know is false, but still...lol).  What I loved most about this shampoo is that it...has...SLIP? I think I could possibly detangle my hair with this shampoo (strong POSSIBLY). It almost feels like a light conditioner of some sort. AND it effectively cleanses my scalp. I love it. I would, however, suggest to dilute it a bit with water (about 1/2 cup/ bottle) to loosen it up a bit, because since it is SO thick, it leaves the bottle quickly. Overall, definitely one of my favorites.

IANBG Rating:
Moisture:  ***** (5 stars - For a shampoo, this stuff is darn near perfect in this area)
Cleansing: ***** (5 Stars - My hair was definitely clean and ready for the next step)
Smell: *** (3 Stars - Definitely not my favorite, but the product is SO worth it!)
Overall: **** (4 Stars - Definitely on my list of favorites!)

Have any of you tried this product? What was your take on it?
***DISCLAIMER: I purchased this product with my own money. I was in no way compensated or contacted by Shea Moisture to provide this review. All comments are of my own honest opinion and are based on MY hair and its reaction to the products.

3 comments:

  1. I love the Shea moisture shampoo with coconut and hibiscus.

    This makes hair look fantastic. I love it very much. I just wash my hair with this shampoo and comb it and the end result is just fantastic!!!

    I am sharing this with my nieces and family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We asked men about what makes a woman look either classy or messy? Strikingly, all of them recalled one thing- their hair do! Interestingly your hair, the most forgotten beauty asset, is your most important beauty tip that you often forget to take care of. But all of the girl gang has their basics right- shampooing. Probably not? Let’s check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging, certified organic skincare

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I enjoy comments and feedback from my readers. Please no rude, disrespectful, and hateful comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...